River Tree Insurance Services
by Janna Green www.premiereagencynetwork.com on Jun 27, 2013
When it comes to food, is there anything more summer than grilling?
Whether the traditional hamburgers and hotdogs or my favorite, steaks, there is just something special about cooking on the grill. If you haven't tried it yet, expand your grilling to include fish and vegetables. I like to make a foil wrap for my fish, corn and asparagus and add a little olive oil and seasonings.
With the growing popularity of the outdoor kitchens and grills, you can imagine that there are also injuries. I wouldn't be a worthy insurance professional if I didn't add a few grilling safety tips:
1) Check the fuel lines on your gas grills. At least annually, look for the condition of the hoses as well as the connections.
2) It's always a good idea to move your grill away from your house to a well ventilated area when cooking. If dinner burns up that is one thing but you don't want your house to go with it.
3) If using a charcoal grill, beware of relighting or boosting the fire by adding more lighter fluid. This is the leading cause of injury. Kingsford Charcoal recommends that "if coals are slow to start, place several new briquets in a small metal can and apply lighter fluid following lighter fluid instructions. Add these briquets, using a pair of long-handled tongs, to warm coals and light with a match. Never use gasoline or kerosene to light a charcoal fire. Both can cause an explosion."
4) If it starts raining, please don't pull your grill into the garage. Find a safer solution!
5) Watch your grill; just because it is outside, doesn't mean it's ok to run back into the house to check the score on the ball game. Especially after adding your food, keep a watch.
I wish I could say that anyone can grill but that is not exactly true. To grill like an expert, check out this link to Kingsford videos!
And don't forget to Kiss the Cook!
Bio: Janna Green, Premiere Agency Network Digital Marketing Team. With a marketing focus from market access and account placement to digital marketing, Premiere is a Network of Independent Insurance Agencies in the Southeast U.S. www.premiereagencynetwork.com
There are no comments yet.
River Tree Insurance
507 Drake Ave SW Suite D
Huntsville, AL 35801
8AM - 5PM Mon - Fri